Concrete is a great addition to any home or business, with pavers often being the way to go for those looking for an upgrade to a walkway or patio. In order to get the most out of your concrete, it’s important that you have professional Sunshine Coast concreters complete your driveway. What you may now find is that water based concrete sealers are more prevalent that the solvent based sealers of old, with this being done to keep the volatile organic compound (VOC) amounts in check. Water based concrete sealers are the way to go now, and sealing delivers a host of great benefits you your concrete and pavers, including:
- Longevity is the number one reason for using concrete sealers, as your concrete will be protected from the elements in a way that would not be possible without the sealer in place.
- It can be costly to have concrete work done, and it’s wise to protect that investment by making it last as long as possible.
- Chipping, cracking and spalling can be prevented or lessened when you use a concrete sealer, which means that your work is going to look as good as it can be for a very long time. You probably had the work done to improve the look and value of your property, but these will only be maintained for as long as the concrete maintains its integrity.
- Commercial businesses such as mechanics will often go with a concrete slab floor in their Sunshine Coast establishment, mostly due to its incredibly sturdy nature. It is still a business, though, and the goal is to impress everyone that walks into the building. This is hard to do if spills and stains are evident on the concrete. Using a sealer will help keep oil, grease, and other spills from seeping in and staining the concrete.
- While the concrete flooring or paving itself may be an expensive install, the act of sealing tends not to be. Using a water based concrete sealer can offer all the benefits mentioned above, as well as several more, and can be done for a relatively small investment. It’s an expense that will very quickly pay for itself.
There are plenty of handy people out there who likely believe that they can handle the concrete sealing process on their own, but this really isn’t a wise idea. There are several things that can go wrong with the application of the sealer, which is why it is always best to have the professionals come in and do the job. Like we mentioned earlier, the sealing process is relatively inexpensive, but it will end up being a whole lot costlier if you try to do the job yourself and end up making a mess of it.
Concrete is a fabulously durable substance that can take a beating, but it still needs a little bit of help to maintain its rugged good looks. Applying a water based concrete sealer is the first step in making that happen.